A Bluetooth Traffic Light Time Extension System for Pedestrians with Disabilities
2016 – 2019
A new and simple approach to traffic lights crosswalk time extension. It uses a seamless integration to conventional traffic lights based on low cost components and micro controllers. The goal of the presented project is to provide extra time to a pedestrian or a group of pedestrians with disabilities to pass a crosswalk.
This project is associated with IEEE IHU Student Branch (Serres)
HERMES: Hellenic Robotic Modular Exoskeleton System
2018 – 2021
A powered robotic exoskeleton system for people with disabilities.
Based on electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment, in conjunction with the prerequisites of the competition “CYBATHLON 2020”:
- I developed a custom distribution of Raspberry OS for the MCU (Main Control Unit)
- I analysed and designed a custom OOP C++ Library based on Maxon’s EPOS C Library
- I analysed and designed the software architecture of the exoskeleton’s MCU with the C++ Programming Language
- I analysed and designed the software architecture of the exoskeleton’s UI with the AVR C++ Programming Language
- I designed the exoskeleton’s UI with Nextion Editor (for the UI Components) and Adobe Photoshop (for the UI graphics)
This project is associated with IEEE IHU RAS Student Branch Chapter (Serres) and IEEE UTh Student Branch (Volos).